What is IT Service Management (ITSM)?
IT Service Management (or ITSM for short) is much more than providing a means for end users to raise tickets for IT support. For sure, you need to be able to manage Change Requests, Incidents and Problems; however, ITSM has evolved to become an engaging experience in which all employees can interact with supporting teams and have their needs fulfilled through the delivery of a service. Yes, this could ‘just’ be a simple support request to reset a password, but behind the scenes all requests are going to be handled with the same care and attention, using predefined workflows and service levels to ensure that IT services are seen as an enabler and not a hindrance to getting stuff done!
What is Jira Service Management?
Jira Service Management is ‘High-velocity ITSM’; empowering Dev, IT Ops, and business teams to collaborate, respond to changes and deliver great customer and employee service experiences fast.
Key Features include:
Manage work across teams with one platform so your employees and customers quickly get the help they need.
Bring your development and IT operations teams together to rapidly respond to, resolve, and continuously learn from incidents.
Group incidents to problems, fast-track root cause analysis, and record workarounds to minimize the impact of incidents.
Empower your IT operations teams with richer contextual information around changes from software development tools so they can make better decisions and minimise risk.
Unlike legacy CMDBs, a flexible and open data structure allows teams to manage any asset. Efficiently track ownership and lifecycles, and reduce costs.
Gain visibility into the infrastructure that supports applications and services. Anticipate the downstream impact of changes, so your dev and ops teams can manage risk and rapidly resolve incidents when they do occur.
Enable self-service, deflect more requests, and manage knowledge articles – all while fostering team collaboration.
Extend far beyond the boundaries of the IT department – Enterprise Service Management
Jira Service Management doesn’t stop there, not just with IT. Enterprise Service Management (or ESM for short) takes this to another level, rolling out the principles of service delivery to other core back office teams.
- Do you want to raise a leave request or request a new employee be setup? Why not make a request via the new HR portal…
- Do you need a contract reviewed or some legal advice? You should visit the Legal Service Desk…
- Do you want to claim an expense or raise a payroll question? You guessed it, we have a FI portal for that…
All of these typical requests and many more can serviced via Jira Service Management, each team can customise their service catalogues and ticket workflows to suit their unique way of working, all whilst still using the same technology platform: Jira Service Management. This product really does help teams to ‘Work Differently, Together’, whilst providing a uniform interface and approach for all end-users.
Rapid ERP Services & Approach
- Assessment – We will work with your current support teams to understand what you do today and how it is done. It is not unusual to uncover a plethora of different tools and processes in place, so we’ll create a roadmap to help guide you on your journey; identifying what should stay, what should be replaced/retired and how to get the best return for your investment
- Implementation – We’ve worked with ITSM solutions for over 20 years; we’ve seen the good, the bad and the different, and have learnt a lot of lessons along the way. We’ll help design and implement a Jira Service Management solution that works around you (using Agile principles!), whilst still keeping true to basic principles of ITIL. And if you already have another ITSM solution, we can help migrate your data too.
- Tooling & Add-ons – One of the biggest selling points of Jira Service Management is the marketplace apps. If you don’t find the functionality you already need out of the box, it’s more than likely there’s an application in the Atlassian ecosystem that delivers what you need. We’ll help you select the most relevant additional applications, whilst protecting you from selecting every shiny new toy in the toyshop.
- Managed Services – Taking on a new enterprise application can be a daunting task, but how about if you could just get on and use it rather than having to worry about who was going to provide the administration and support? Why not leave the admin and support to us, so your team can get on with what they do best…
- Training and Education – The beauty of the Atlassian toolsets is their approachability and intuitive nature. Anyone can log on and get going. However, if you want help with initial user on-boarding or want to dive deeper under the covers uncover hidden potential we can provide you with tailored training to ensure that you can leverage the full potential of Jira Service Management
- License Sales – Whether you want to understand the costs of running Atlassian products, renew your existing licenses, get advice on license consolidation or just participate in a Free Trial; why not reach out to us to understand your options… We’re not high pressure sales people as we fully believe the Atlassian portfolio of tools and our services are so good they sell themselves!
Find Out More
Contact us today to find out how Jira Service Management can revolutionise your approach to ITSM.