SP08 is out now!
SAP are continuing to evolve SAP Solution Manager 7.2 with the latest support package stack SP08 being released in December 2018. This latest evolution brings several new and enhanced features across a broad spectrum of the Solution Manager functional scope including important topics such as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and support for the new SAP Support Backbone (see our article here).
- Due to the nature of the data collected by SAP Solution Manager, there are many functions that could be storing Personal Data which your Data Protection Officer may have cause for concern over; ranging from Business Partner records through to Service Session data. With SP08 we now have several enhanced features available to us:
- The ability to report on the data held for a specific user
- A multitude of ways to delete or archive concerned data (for example unwanted ChaRM records, Solution Documentation artefacts, Test Suite information, general logging information, etc…)
- Support for the SAP Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) tool to block access to certain data once the retention time has passed
- It is now easier to understand the current status of your Change records through an improvement to the Status Overview graphic; the status values that are unused or not in use will appear greyed out aiding visibility.
- Building on the available Downgrade Protection Checks available for SAP Transports, we now have the ability to perform a ‘Cross-reference check’ that detects inconsistencies across ABAP repository data , Customising and Data Dictionary objects. If a referenced object does not exist in the target system, or if the referenced object has a different version, the check indicates a potential error.
- For those of you who are already using the latest Release Management functionality, you’ll be pleased to note that SAP have amended the process to allow Urgent/Emergency Changes to be assigned at all phases of the release and not just ‘Hypercare’ and ‘Operate’ phases as per the previous restriction.
- As much as we’d like everyone to just use the documentation functionality within SAP Solution Manager, some project teams prefer to store their test documentation on Sharepoint or other repositories. Now we have the ability to link to these Test Results and other attachments using a URL reference, much the same as you could already achieve in Solution Documentation.
- An item that many of our customers have requested for some time – a simple way to perform a mass download of the contained documents is now possible using the list view of Solution Documentation. You can select several documents at the same time and download them via context menu.
- Mass maintenance of document status is also now possible in the object list of Solution Documentation, you can select several documents at the same time and maintain the document status for these documents.
- Within the dashboard ‘Project Assets’, there is now a new tile for Incidents. This is a great feature allowing the project manager to see a list of all the incidents that are assigned to that project.
- We now have several new Fiori apps to help users adopt and utilise this functionality; including the new ‘Request Batch Job’ app that greatly simplifies the user interface for creating a new Job request, and the ‘Create Job Documentation’ app that allows for much easier creation of support information.
Of course, there are many other changes under the skin on Solution Manager SP08 than we can go into here, including minor, but welcome additions to IT Service Management, Business Process Operations, System Monitoring and others besides.
Don’t forget that to maintain access to SAP’s Support Backbone (required for continued operation of key functions such as the Maintenance Planner – amongst others) you will need to upgrade to at least SP07 and ideally SP08 before the end 2019, so now is the time to take action! Get in contact with us below to find out how we can make sure you get the most out of the latest enhancements in the fastest possible time.