SAP Activate – A new approach to implementing SAP Solutions
ASAP has been the tried and tested SAP implementation methodology of SAP systems for well over a decade. During that time technology has moved on leaps and bounds; we now have On-premise, Cloud and Hybrid based SAP solutions, in addition to fast in-memory computing. We also have new ways of delivering projects and engaging the user community. The ASAP methodology had been somewhat left behind; thus SAP Activate was born.
This latest methodology addresses the new technologies and, via its modern approach to project delivery, it enables customers and implementation teams to ‘start fast, build smart and run simple’. It is the recommended approach for anyone looking to upgrade, migrate or implement S/4 HANA.
SAP Activate is comprised of several core components:
- SAP Best Practices – Utilise SAP ready to run business processes, optimised for S/4 HANA. Essentially provides a kick-start to your SAP project by allowing you to access SAP assets and pre-built content. For example these could be document templates, questionnaires to drive workshops or a variety of other tools to facilitate the project delivery.
- Guided Configuration – Provides the implementation teams with the tools and knowledge to enable the implementation teams.
- Methodology – Provides a consistent set of tasks and processes that should be undertaken to implement your S/4 HANA system, aligned to five distinct phases: Prepare, Explore, Realize, Deploy and Run.
SAP Activate will enable customers to implement, maintain and innovate their SAP Business suite and SAP S/4 HANA solutions better than ever before. It supports an Agile delivery approach to ease adoption and realise the solution in the fastest way possible.
When coupled with SAP Solution Manager 7.2 the SAP activate methodology really comes alive:
- The Project Plan template can be used with the IT PPM (IT Project & Portfolio Management) functionality to manage the tasks and work that needs to be completed.
- The pre-packaged Business Process model content can be used as the starting point for the new business process design and then developed in collaboration with the business users using the SAP Solution Manager graphical process modelling tool.
- The SAP Best Practices also include the initial object library content, such as SAP Transaction codes and the configuration objects, in addition to the standard configuration and process documentation.
Below are a couple of early screenshots of the new IT PPM and business process editing solutions. A new user experience (more on this in another article) helps increase accessibility of the new functionality in Solution Manager 7.2:
In summary, when used in conjunction with SAP Solution Manager 7.2, the true value of SAP Activate can be realised by your project team.
To find out more about how SAP Solution Manager 7.2 supports agile innovation, take a look at the video below:
If you want to know more about SAP Activate, SAP Solution Manager 7.2, or if you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us now – we’re always happy to help.